Soma is a brand name of Carisoprodol. This drug is widely used in clinical practice for preventing and treating muscle cramps.We accept:
Soma (Carisoprodol) can be used for treatment of:
• Diseases of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by cramps and severe pain
• Muscle damage
• Severe pain
In combination with other pain medications, this drug can be used for pain syndrome to increase sedative, relaxing effect. The drug reduces anxiety and causes drowsiness.
Way of use and dosage
Before using Soma (Carisoprodol) you should consult a healthcare professional who has had experience of this drug. Because of high pharmacological activity of active substances, patients require individual dosage which will be most effective and safe in each individual clinical case.
• Soma (Carisoprodol) is available in tablets for oral administration.
• The effective single dose for adults is 350 mg
• For children from 5 to 12 years, the dose should be calculated on the basis of circuit 6 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
• Take the medicine 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
• Generally the duration of treatment is 2-3 months
• Use of Soma (Carisoprodol) may be contraindicated in cardiovascular system acute diseases and kidneyliver. Possibly, the daily dosage adjustment is necessary for this group of patients.
• In central nervous system diseases, taking the drug is contraindicated
• This drug is not recommended for children under 5 years old and women during pregnancy, as it may cause harm.
• If a woman needs to take pills Soma (Carisoprodol) while breastfeeding, it is recommended to transfer the child to artificial feeding.
• Since the drug causes drowsiness, in the first 1-2 weeks, you should stop driving, and visiting classes that require attention and concentration.
With the dosage of 1400 mg per day, Soma (Carisoprodol) does not cause any serious side effects. Most common side effects are the following: drowsiness, mild headache, dizziness, feelings of euphoria, but all of these side effects disappear in 1 or 2 weeks of treatment.
The use of Soma (Carisoprodol) with other opioid analgesic series, may cause more severe adverse reactions in the central nervous system and digestive tract, it is necessary to adjust the daily dose of Soma (Carisoprodol) with other drugs.
• Information provided in this article is for only general knowledge and is not guide to action. The creators of this web site only provide information that you need to know for safe use of drugs, but it is strongly recommended to consult an expert doctor before you start taking any medication.